[mrtg] APC UPS Traps

darek at nyi.net darek at nyi.net
Mon Oct 14 15:48:07 MEST 2002

I am not sure if my question belongs on this mailing list, but I am a
subscriber to it and know there is reasonable traffic to it and am
hoping someone might have an answer.

I am trying to use UCD-SNMP under FreeBSD to capture traps (snmptrapd)
from about a dozen UPSes we have here.

I tried to transcribe the strings from power-net.mib to OIDs and am not
sure if I have the right values as traps do not look like "regular"
strings. Below are a few. Can anyone confirm that these are correct
translations? Do I need a trailing .0 ?

enterprises.318.2.3.3.1        #"SEVERE: Communication to the UPS has
been lost.  Steps to reestablish communication are in progress."
enterprises.318.2.3.3.7        #"SEVERE: The UPS batteries are low and
will soon be exhausted.
enterprises.318.2.3.3.47    #"WARNING: Someone attempted to login via
HTTP with the incorrect password."
enterprises.318.2.3.3.48    #"WARNING: The password for the PDU has been
changed."
enterprises.318.2.3.3.51    #"WARNING: The battery charger has failed."