[mrtg] mrtg averages out observations

John Crawford jmc-mrtg at sociology.osu.edu
Tue Oct 15 04:54:53 MEST 2002

My infrequent samples disappear with averaging.
Is there something helpful I can do to retain my
sampled data during the daily graph?

I'm trying to graph occurrences of events happening
infrequently, and often as single events with the latest
mrtg doing 5 minute sampling. I actually return the
value detected (like zero or one) multiplied by 300 so that
I get on the graph the number detected (like zero or one).
Trouble is, mrtg's average over the recent two time periods
makes me loose my desired data. Lone single events appear
for 5 minutes, and then disappear
from the graph. I'd like to display sample quantities detected during
each 5 minute period in the daily graph. Any advice?

I'm willing to withpeak for non-daily displays.

1034649005 8400 0
1034649005 1 0 1 0
1034648706 0 0 0 0
1034648700 0 0 0 0

observation displayed after the run creating the
previous .log file. subsequent displays average away
the "1" observation.

1034649305 8400 0
1034649305 0 0 0 0
1034649005 1 0 1 0