[mrtg] why mrtg can't show cat5505's correct ports no?

x nixon mrtgask at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 09:56:18 MEST 2002

Hi.. Dear friends

I installed the MRTG server to monitor my network.  Everything looks okay
except my MRTG pages for my cisco catalyst 5505 switches.

My catalyst switches have many interface and ports for eg sc0,sl0. port 1/1,
1/2. 2/1.2/2,3/1-3/24,4/1-4/24 and etc. But after I created my mrtg
configuration file and used indexmaker to create the main page.

It shows that my cat5505 MRTG has the following interface and ports
sc0
scl
short wave fiber gigabit ethernet
short wave fiber gigabit ethernet
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)
10/100 utp ethernet (cat3/5)

Why all the interface shown are the same, where is my port 1/1, 1/2,
2/1..3/1-3/24 ?
How to solved this problem