[mrtg] Re: why mrtg can't show cat5505's correct ports no?

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Tue Oct 22 19:22:10 MEST 2002

>Why all the interface shown are the same, where is my port 1/1, 1/2,
>2/1..3/1-3/24 ?

You don't say which options to cfgmaker you are using, but I suspect it's
something like ifref=descr (off the top of my head).  The reason all your
ports show up as "10/100 utp ethernet (cat 3/5)" is because that's what's in
the ifDescr field for all those ports.  It's a catalyst thing. ;)

>How to solved this problem
You need to use a different ifref, as explained here:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#item_Interfac
e_by_Name

HTH
-gabrielle
"I don't mind the rat race but I could do with a little more cheese."