[mrtg] Re: interesting Cisco 3500XL 'problems'

Lindahl, Carl crl at rti.org
Tue Oct 22 20:26:17 MEST 2002

I would stay as far away from IOS 12.0(5.3)WC(1). It has multiple SNMP bugs.
If you use HPOV or Cisco Works (or planning on implementing) w/ MRTG expect
the switches to reboot often. That particular version of IOS has quite a few
problems with SNMP queries. I would highly recommend looking into upgrading
IOS. I have had major problems with that IOS and Cisco is looking to (if
they haven't already done it) defer that release.

Carl