[mrtg] Trying to config mrtg-ping-pro to track more than 1 device

DARRYL LAI dlai at supercom.ca
Fri Oct 25 22:18:13 MEST 2002

Hi,

I've configured mrtg-ping-pro under w2k following the instructions listed
and it works fine for the first target device defined.  But for the 2nd
target device, the graphs all say zero and the logs say zero.  I've
confirmed that the system running mrtg can ping those devices.  I've
included the config file here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated by
the newbie.

Thanks in advance,

Darryl

WorkDir: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test
RunAsDaemon: yes

## dev1
Title[dev1_ping]: Round Trip Time Analysis Device1
PageTop[dev1_ping]: <H1>Round Trip Time Analysis for Device1</H1>
MaxBytes[dev1_ping]: 200
AbsMax[dev1_ping]: 10000
WithPeak[dev1_ping]: ymwd
Options[dev1_ping]: gauge
Target[dev1_ping]: `c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg\mrtg-ping-probe -l 1500
192.168.1.1`
YLegend[dev1_ping]: round trip time
ShortLegend[dev1_ping]: ms
Legend1[dev1_ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend2[dev1_ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend3[dev1_ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend4[dev1_ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
LegendI[dev1_ping]: &nbsp;Max:
LegendO[dev1_ping]: &nbsp;Min:

## dev2
Title[dev2_ping]: Round Trip Time Analysis
        for Device2
PageTop[dev2_ping]: <H1>Round Trip Time Analysis for Device2</H1>
MaxBytes[dev2_ping]: 200
AbsMax[dev2_ping]: 10000
WithPeak[dev2_ping]: ymwd
Options[dev2_ping]: gauge
Target[dev2_ping]: `c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg\mrtg-ping-probe -l 1500
192.168.1.2`
YLegend[dev2_ping]: round trip time
ShortLegend[dev2_ping]: ms
Legend1[dev2_ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend2[dev2_ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend3[dev2_ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend4[dev2_ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
LegendI[dev2_ping]: &nbsp;Max:
LegendO[dev2_ping]: &nbsp;Min