[mrtg] Re: SNMP timeout

Jerry Heidtke jheidtke at fmlh.edu
Tue Oct 29 15:32:49 MET 2002

The way I do it is to have every config file start with a line that says:

Include: d:\mrtgcfg\cfg\template\global-options.cfg

Then my global-options.cfg has the global settings I want applied to every
target:

Refresh: 300
RunAsDaemon: No
PathAdd: d:\rrdtool\
LogFormat: rrdtool
IconDir: http://mrtg/
HtmlDir: d:\mrtgdata\images
ImageDir: d:\mrtgdata\images
SnmpOptions: timeout => 1, retries => 2, backoff => 1
NoSpaceChar: ~

To change the snmp timeout for my ~10,000 targets takes one edit...

Of course, this doesn't solve your immediate problem, but you might want to
consider something like this for the future.

Jerry