[mrtg] Re: Newbie Question...

Dan Tappin dan at wavefront.ca
Wed Oct 30 20:08:07 MET 2002

So here is where I am at:

tappind# snmpwalk localhost community 1.3.0
system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (14406019) 1 day, 16:01:00.19

So should my MRTG config file have this:

Target[uptime]: 0.3.1:community at freya.wavefront.ca

I tried 1.3.0:comm... But I got an error back.

My mrtg.cfg runs but I get a graph that is all over the place i.e. Up and
down.  Some how I think I am not really getting uptime.  I know I need to
subtract the current date and convert to days to get the real uptime.  I
just want to get a graph started.

I think I am missing something here.

Dan