[mrtg] Help monitoring dsl pvc's

Paul Kramer paul at beatricene.com
Thu Oct 31 16:55:53 MET 2002

Can someone help me with a config so I can use mrtg to properly monitor
my DSL customers PVC's directly??

Our customers used to be pppoa so I just used cfgmaker and monitored by
Virtual-Access, but now the phone company has switched to using pppoe
and that method causes mrtg errors whenever the dsl customer is
disconnected. So I have been reading and searching for the last week
trying to find a way to monitor the actual ATM PVC's but I can't find
any real examples.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Here is my setup:
 IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IS-M), Version 12.2(4)T1,  RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

And here are the way the pvc's are configured:

This is an example of the old pppoa pvcs

interface ATM1/0
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 atm voice aal2 aggregate-svc upspeed-number 0
 pvc 1/33
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1
 !
 pvc 1/34
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1

This is a sample of the new pppoe configs

interface ATM1/0.10 multipoint
 pvc 1/32
  class-vc OE
 !
 pvc 1/39
  class-vc OE
 !
 pvc 1/41
  class-vc OE

vc-class atm OE
  protocol pppoe
  encapsulation aal5snap

I have a couple hundred total with about 50 of the pppoe so far.

Thanks again,
Paul Kramer