[mrtg] Please help with first configuring

Peter Rosa prosa at pro.sk
Mon Sep 2 10:23:23 MEST 2002

Dear MRTG users,

I'm new on MRTG, so may be my question is stupid, simple and so,
but I really need your help.

Is it possible to monitor traffic on my PC running FreeBSD OS with two interfaces
(one to LAN, second to Internet) ? I need to monitor the outer traffic.

What should I have to write to cfgmaker ?
I have tried the simplest cfg file from examples in the documentation,
but I think the interfaces are not SNMP controllable (this return errors).
So what settings should I use ?

In the past, there was a guy who started it at my machine and it worked.
But my HHD has crashed, all cfg files are lost....

Plase help.

Yours

Peter Roas