[mrtg] Re: Please help with first configuring

Ivette Reategui reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Sep 3 13:26:03 MEST 2002

So you tried

mrtg/bin/cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/mrtg/htdocs' --output
/home/mrtg/bin/mrtg.cfg community at IP
for each IP address in your PC.

Do you have the right path to cfgmaker?  The right community?  Is SNMP
running in your PC?

>>> "Peter Rosa" <prosa at pro.sk> 09/02/02 04:23AM >>>
Dear MRTG users,

I'm new on MRTG, so may be my question is stupid, simple and so,
but I really need your help.

Is it possible to monitor traffic on my PC running FreeBSD OS with two
interfaces
(one to LAN, second to Internet) ? I need to monitor the outer
traffic.

What should I have to write to cfgmaker ?
I have tried the simplest cfg file from examples in the documentation,
but I think the interfaces are not SNMP controllable (this return
errors).
So what settings should I use ?

In the past, there was a guy who started it at my machine and it
worked.
But my HHD has crashed, all cfg files are lost....

Plase help.

Yours

Peter Roas