[mrtg] predictive perl script

Mike Singleton MSingle at davita.com
Tue Sep 3 16:03:16 MEST 2002

Is there a way to have the MRTG script write a text file out of the data it uses to generate the plot points for the monthly and yearly graphs? I have successfully written a perl script that will forecast usage (network,disk,etc.) but Excel is limited to 255 data points, and the raw log file is too cumbersome to use. Ideally, I would like the monthly/yearly data written out in the same format as the raw log file, but limited to no more than 255 data entries.

===
Mike Singleton
Network Analyst
(253) 272-1916  x1259