[mrtg] building the GD library

Yannis Nikolopoulos yanodd at otenet.gr
Wed Sep 4 16:40:52 MEST 2002

Has anyone had any trouble installing the gd lib on Solaris?
I'm trying to install gd-2.0.1 on Solaris 8 (NO GNU ld).
and I was getting the following linker error:
ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible
ld: fatal: Flags processing errors

after that, I changed the ld command line in the Makefile from :
ld -shared -o libgd.so.${VERSION} ${LIBOBJS}  (GNU style)   to :
ld -G -o libgd.so.${VERSION} ${LIBOBJS}       (Solaris style)

that got me a bit further but now I'm getting the following error :

ld: warning: file /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparcv9-sun-solaris2/3.0.1/../../../libgd.a(gd.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
gdImageGd                           pngtogd.o
gdImageCreateFromPng                pngtogd.o
gdImageDestroy                      pngtogd.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to pngtogd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pngtogd'

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know
and sorry for the off-topic post.

Yannis

--
Yannis Nikolopoulos             OTEnet S.A. Internet Service Provider
yanodd at otenet.gr                Tel: +30 10 3826199