[mrtg] Re: Monitoring SUN equipment with MRTG

Stephen Smith steves at elp.rr.com
Sat Sep 7 00:27:58 MEST 2002

You are much better off installing UCD-SNMP or NET-SNMP as it is called
these days http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/.  We run a lot of SUN
servers and had problems with the SUN as well as HP Openview agents.
Instead, we used net-snmp and compiled in what ever mibs we wanted (make
a scalled down agent if you want to).  No problems with that
configuration, and you can add in whatever extensibles you want via
scripts, etc.

With this setup, you can graph cpu, load, memory, disk slice
utilizations, traffic, smtp/pop connections, queue sizes, anything else
you can script.

~SS