[mrtg] FW: MaxBytes Gigabit interface

Andreucci Stefano Stefano.Andreucci at TILAB.COM
Fri Sep 13 14:31:37 MEST 2002

I used MRTG to monitor CPU load and Traffic in a Fastethernet interface of a cache and it worked well.

Now I'm trying to monitor the same parameters in a Gigabit interface but MRTG doesn't monitor
correctly these parameters.

I try to change Target[tr]: 2:prova at ip_addr: in Target[tr]: 2:prova at ip_addr:::::2
but I have obtained this error message:

WARNING: skipping because at least the query for ifHCInOctets.2 on  Ip_addr did not succeed
ERROR: Target[tr][_IN_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval into d
efined data
ERROR: Target[tr][_OUT_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of tr, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of tr, outlast is not defined

I have setted the MaxBytes to 125000000.

About the CPU LOAD I use this config file:

Target[cpusum]:ssCpuRawUser.0&ssCpuRawUser.0:prova at ip_addr + ssCpuRawSyst
em.0&ssCpuRawSystem.0:prova at ip_addr + ssCpuRawNice.0&ssCpuRawNice.0:prova
@ip_addr
RouterUptime[cpusum]:  <mailto:prova at ip_addr> prova at ip_addr
MaxBytes[cpusum]: 100
Title[cpusum]: CPU LOAD
PageTop[cpusum]: <H1>Active CPU Load %</H1>
#Unscaled[cpusum]: ymwd
ShortLegend[cpusum]: %
YLegend[cpusum]: CPU Utilization
Legend1[cpusum]: Active CPU in % (Load)
Legend2[cpusum]:
Legend3[cpusum]:
Legend4[cpusum]:
LegendI[cpusum]:  Active
LegendO[cpusum]:
Options[cpusum]: growright,nopercent

I have controlled directly on the cache the CPU LOAD with the command TOP and the value is different.

I have MRTG 2.9.22

Is there a solution for these problems?

thanks in  advance,

Stefano

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin at tilab.com. Thank you