[mrtg] rrd and mrtg

Taymour A. El Erian taymour.elerian at tedata.net
Mon Sep 16 11:37:53 MEST 2002

Hi,
    We are an ISP and we were using MRTG to provide graphs for our
leased line customers, what we did is create a separate directory on our
web server for each customer and create symbolic links to his files
(html, png) and we require a username and password from him to view the
contents.
As our no. of customers increased this method is no more efficient since
MRTG graphs all the targets (which take a lot of cpu time and a lot of
disc space) so we thought about using RRD, but the problem is how are we
going to generate the html and pngs for our customers when they log in
with there username/passowrd with something like 14all.cgi or its clones
and at the same time denying others from accessing other graphs.

--
Taymour A El Erian
System Division Manager
E-mail: taymour.elerian at tedata.net