[mrtg] prolems mesuring traffic on gigabit interface

Andreucci Stefano Stefano.Andreucci at TILAB.COM
Mon Sep 16 16:22:12 MEST 2002

Hi,
I have a lot of problems measuring traffic on a gigabit interface.
I didn' t be able to measure traffic on a gigabit interface of a cache so I try to measure
the traffic on the Gigabit port of the 3500XL (IOS 12.0 (5.2)) Catalyst connected to the cache.

I produce the cfg file (with 64 bit counter) with the command without error
cfgmaker communty at ip_addr:::::2 <mailto:communty at ip_addr:::::2>

Target[]: 15:community at ip_addr:::::2
SetEnv[]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="GigabitEthernet0/2"
MaxBytes[]: 125000000
Title[]: Traffic Analysis for Gbe -- Switch
PageTop[]: <H1>Traffic Analysis for Gbe -- Switch</H1>

The problem is that MRTG dosen' t report traffic on that interface (IN: 0b/s OUT: 0b/s).

I try also to use 32 bit counter:
Target[]: 15:community at ip_addr

but MRTG doesn' t measure the correct value.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks,
Stefano

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin at tilab.com. Thank you