[mrtg] Re: "at which time 'unknown' had been up for unknown"

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Tue Sep 17 22:21:51 MEST 2002

>From the documentation:

NoMib2
Normally we ask the SNMP device for 'sysUptime', 'sysName' properties some
do not have these. If you want to avoid getting complaints from mrtg about
these missing properties, specivy the nomib2 option.
An example of agents which do not implement base mib2 attributes are
Computer Associates - Unicenter TNG Agents. CA relies on using the base OS
SNMP agent in addition to its own agents to supplement the management of a
system.
Example:
 NoMib2: Yes

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Paul Vaillancourt [mailto:paulvail at surf.sno.laurentian.ca]
Sent:	Tuesday, September 17, 2002 3:23 PM
To:	mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject:	[mrtg] "at which time 'unknown' had been up for unknown"

Good day.

I have just upgraded MRTG to the latest version (2.9.22). In the previous
version (2.8.12), the header on the generated HTML page simply said "The
statistics were last updated (date)". But now after the upgrade, the line
"...at which time 'unknown' had been up for unknown"
was added to the header.

Why is it that this is being added when nothing else has been changed?

I am trying to remove that line. The code in the mrtg script that executes
that
line is:

if ($uptime && ! $$rcfg{options}{noinfo}{$router}) {
        print HTML
          ",<BR>\n"
        &$LOC("at which time $namestring had been up for <B>$uptime</B>.").
        "\n<!-- End Head -->";
   }

whereas that block was not getting executed before, but now it is.
Any help would be much appreciated.