[mrtg] Cisco 2610 problems

Matthew Halliday matthew.halliday at johnstonpress.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 12:09:42 MEST 2002

Hi -

New to the list and MRTG.  Trying to monitor a Cisco 2610, MRTG running on a
Windows 2000 Pro Workstation.  I've looked through the FAQ's and old
postings, found a few things that sort-of applied, but didn't work.  My
config file - or the pointy bit at least - looks like this (it's only a
basic config):

RunAsDaemon: yes (doesn't work - even using the correct startup command
which I've put in a batch file)

WorkDir: c:\data\httpd\MRTG (I run Apache - this bit works a treat!)

Target[xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa]: 2:public at xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa

MaxBytes[xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa] : 1250000

Title[xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa] : Internet Router : ether0

#SnmpOptions: retries => 2, only_ip_address_matching => 0

The response I get is:

SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa" [
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 241896627
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.2 ifOutOctets.2 sysName on
public at xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''