[mrtg] Re: MRTG with AS400 ??

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 12:28:29 MEST 2002

>>Has anybody tried monitoring anything on an IBM AS400
>>server?
>>I'm interested in monitoring the CPU/Disk/Mem/Traffic
>>etc, but can't find any MIBS.
>>thanks
>>Leandro

Never monitored one. Does it support SNMP? Is SNMP turned on?

Try attacking it with Getif or ActiveSNMP and see what comes back.
If nothing comes back, there is no point searching for a MIB
If it only returns the standard MIB-2.system & interfaces data, then you
already have the MIBs

Neither of these will help for CPU etc.
But does it have anthing under Enterprises?
Take the OID of a response, and type that into the Search page of
www.MIBcentral.com, and see if they have a MIB.