[mrtg] Correction - Re: Re: Cisco 2610 Problems - Upgate

GundW at BELL.CO.ZA GundW at BELL.CO.ZA
Thu Sep 19 15:06:53 MEST 2002

Yes and yes.

www.firedeamon.com is the best resource for running MRTG under W2K as a
service, they have a page just on how to do that.

If you want multiple routers in the same graph, I understand you have to
use RRD, otherwise if you want multiple routers in the same config, you can
make it as usual, I posted a portion of my mrtg.cfg file here yesterday
which willhelp youwith that, I run a config that monitor about 500 switch
and router ports across about 20 different switched and routers in the same
config file, not graph. Also a couple of server and things.

Gund Wehsling
Senior Technical Analyst
Bell Equipment Company
Richards Bay, South Africa

+27 (0) 35 907 9111 sboard
+27 (0) 35 907 9441 direct
+27 (0) 35 797 4336 fax

+27 (0) 82 879 6606 cell

gundw at bell.co.za

                      Matthew Halliday

                      <matthew.halliday at johnstonp        To:       "'Mrtg
(E-mail)" <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                      ress.co.uk>                        cc:

                      Sent by:                           Subject:  [mrtg]
Cisco 2610 Problems - Upgate
                      mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch

                      2002/09/19 02:06 PM

Guys -

Thanks for all the advice.   I'm not very well up on snmp - we don't tend
do much along those lines, untill now.  Had a major problem this morning in
that while delivering a new config to the router, it failed on a single
character right at the end, and I couldn't get back onto it to restore the
old one.  Had to edit the new one and send that again.  And as our vpn,
internet access and the group email (4-5000 accounts) use this router, I
was
quite literally looking at having to find a new job if I couldn't get it
back up.  Quite scary really, but it's ok now, and what's more I now have
some very nice graphs!

Is there a way I can monitor multiple routers in the same config, I still
can't get it to run as a service under Win2k, and is there any similar
software that can monitor who is doing what?

This router is split into 3 channels, and I could do with monitoring each
one, cos the one used for browsing only slows to an impossible crawl each
day.

Matt

Matthew Halliday
IT Systems Support
Johnston Accounting Centre

The information contained in this e-mail (and any attachment) is strictly
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  Any unauthorised use,
disclosure or replication of information contained within this e-mail (and
any attachment) is strictly prohibited and may be actionable via legal
proceedings.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not take any
action in reliance upon it.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by telephone (01733 427140) or e-mail
jac at johnstonpress.co.uk.  The views expressed are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Johnston Publishing Limited.  This e-mail has
been scanned for known viruses but you are strongly advised to scan it on
your own system before opening any attachments.