[mrtg] Problem with indexmaker ! I use MRTG and RRDtool databases - Is it a bug ?

PLANTEC RONAN RONAN.PLANTEC at PR-GICM.COM
Thu Sep 19 17:25:20 MEST 2002

I use MRTG (2.9.17) with RRDtool (1.0.33) and some cgi like
14all-1.1.cgi on a LINUX RED HAT 7.2

I would like to use the indexmaker command because it allow us to access
rapidly to the graphs created with RRDtool. I don't have time to waste.

I have more than 500 targets in my mrtg.cfg file (I could have more than
1000 targets).

So I can't use this command because it's too slow to display all the
graphs on screen
# indexmaker mrtg.cfg --rrdviewer=/cgi-bin/14all-1.1.cgi
--output=/var/www.html/index.html

I thought to use the --show option with the "none" as argument like this
(this could solve my problem) :
#indexmaker mrtg.cfg --rrdviewer=/cgi-bin/14all-1.1.cgi --show=none
--output=/var/www.html/index2.html

But the problem is that the HTML page generated show links for each
target that link to an HTML page instead to execute the 14all-1.1.cgi
for each target ! Is it a bug ? Because with the command before (without
the --show=none option) it works well, each graph created are linked to
the cgi graph associated with the good cgi ! But, unfortunately it is
too slow to display on screen for me because RRDtool need to create more
than 500 graphs !

Does anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advance

Ronan PLANTEC - phone: +33 6 71 55 97 82
mailto:ronan.plantec at pr-gicm.com