[mrtg] Re: Mrtg using oid specificly

Tim Finkenstadt timothy at aloha.webkahuna.com
Thu Sep 19 20:15:22 MEST 2002

> What I have tried what follows is my config with the oid I am trying to
> use, it works correctly if I use snmpget without a hitch so I can only
> assume that I have the correct oid.

Presuming you have the correct OIDs, you need two valid OIDs so generate
the data to work.  For example, here's what it would look like for CPU usage
on a cisco router:
Target[myrouter.cpu]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0:public at myrouter

#  Notice there isn't a leading . in the OID.  That's probably what would
fix this for you.

best regards,

tim

--
Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep,
but at least you only have to climb it once.