[mrtg] Re: disk space monitoring

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Sep 24 22:16:42 MEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:29:49PM +0200, Julien Motch wrote:

> #here begins the output
> 1292860
> 2054192

large numbers

> Options[diskspace]: growright

no gauge so the numbers are supposed to be counters

> The graphs are generated but I can not see any lines on it.
> could you tell me if I am not wrong by doing this ?

Counters:

rate (this_value - prev_value) / (this_time - prev_time)

How much diskspace is used up each second?

What you want to monitor is the amount of diskspace, not the
rate at which the used space increases.  This means: use gauge.

Also, you will have to adjust your maxbytes setting.

HTH
Alex