[mrtg] A public Apology

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 10:06:50 MEST 2002

>Yesterday Peter Glanville wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone (using Microsoft) managed to successfully convert a LOG file
>> (with a couple of years history) to RRD?
>>
>> I (and at least one other subscriber to this list) are having troubles,
and
>> Microsoft is not Tobi's area of expertise

>(not what tobi does for fun in his free time ... epertise is
>another thing ... check out isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/realmen  :-)
>
>tobi

I am very sorry that in my poor choice of words I cast aspersions on Tobi's
abilities. That was never my intention, I consider his programs excellent.

I think that what I wanted to say, is that Tobi cannot be held responsible
for fixing Microsoft's shortcomings. When their OS manages to cause
problems for an otherwise fully functional utility, it is their fault, and
not his.

Apologies to Tobi

Peter