[mrtg] Summing multiple targets

M.E. m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Tue Apr 1 13:00:16 MEST 2003

Is there a limit on the number of targets to be SUMMED that MRTG can have in
an .cfg file ??

I am using MRTG with RRDTools.
I have a .cfg file that sums the bandwidth of two targets, and it is working
perfectly.
When I try to do another .cfg that sums many targets ( I really mean many), it
shows me errors
And the rrd file updates with NaN although I had the option unknaszer in the
cfg file !!!
Here is a part of the errors I get
_____________________________
SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.91)
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "x.x.x.x" [x.x.x.x].161)
                  community: "community_string"
                 request ID: somenumber
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 458
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.91 ifOutOctets.91 on community_string at x.x.x.x
 at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1620

Any idea ??

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky

--
Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb