[mrtg] Re: rrdtool integration

M.E. m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Tue Apr 1 13:45:55 MEST 2003

Just install rrdtool, and change the logging format in the .cfg files.
And you will be able to use all your existing data, MRTG will convert it to
.rrd when you restart MRTG

Like that

________________________
WorkDir: /var/anywhere
LogFormat: rrdtool
PathAdd: /usr/local/bin/
LibAdd: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/
RunAsDaemon: Yes
________________________

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 1:40 pm, Baker, Brendon wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'm sure this has been answered many times before, but I'm going to take a
> chance and hope someone has the time to help me or point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I'm running redhat 7.1 with MRTG 2.9.25 installed and have collected a lot
> of data on a few madge switches.
> I would like to integrate RRDtool into the solution.
> Can someone please point me in the direction or give me the steps involved
> in this process. Is it possible to keep the data I have collected already
> or will this be lost.
>
> Also........does anyone know of any kind of solution such as the following:
> http://www.vvm.com/~fluhmann/mrtg/analysis.html
> that will allow me to provide a page to search for data between certain
> dates etc.. eg. I fI wanted to display one day 2 months ago for instance
>
> Does the following cgi have anything to do with what I want to do?
> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd/
>
> Thank you for your time and patience
>
> Regards
> Brendon

>________________________
>

> The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of
> the author and not those of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
> the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be
> unlawful.
> Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity
> of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the
> confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is
> accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does
> not reach its intended destination.

Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb