[mrtg] Re: Threshold checking

Woodcock, Bradford Bradford.Woodcock at Level3.com
Wed Apr 2 16:21:23 MEST 2003

>Also when I don't use the ThreshProgOKI option, if the value is above
>ThreshMaxI I receive an email every 5 minutes.

>Is it possible to configure it that a script is only called when the value
>changes?

In fact this is how it normally operates with script execution when rising over the threshold and then when falling below the threshold. You should not receive your mail every 5 minutes unless the values are going from rising to falling (back and forth) *every* 5 minutes. This seems unlikely.

You should have an option in the configuration called:

ThreshDir: <path_of_dir>

This directory should be created and be writeable by the account executing mrtg. It is used to create file for mrtg to keep state of targets in alarm condition. If it is not there (or writeable) I'm not sure the outcome. Maybe an alarm every 5 minutes as you are seeing. Something to check...

cheers,
brad...