[mrtg] Re: Some inquiries --- easy for all you mrtg experts

nate mrtg at aphroland.org
Tue Apr 8 18:51:08 MEST 2003

Saqib bin Sohail said:

> i) i have got 100 Mbps cards but when I ran configmaker it generated
> 10mbps cards. Am i doing something wrong or its just an entry to display
> which doesn't have any effect

the snmp agent on the machine your quering is reporting 10mbps and
mrtg is accepting it. It happens on my systems too(ucd-snmpd), change
the entry manually if you are certain that the interface is 100mbit.

> ii) My snmpd.conf file is as follows.I thought the graphs would be
> generated of the usage of my HardDisk but to my amazement the graphs
> created were of Eth0 and Eth1.
>
> 	a) how is it possible? I need some explanation.
> 	b) do i need to just run the snmpd.conf with any configuration and get
> the desired graphs through mrtg.cfg

I don't think cfgmaker can detect things other then basic network
snmp settings. From what I've seen it doesn't look for hard disk usage,
memory, swap, temperature etc, you must construct these config file
entries manually

nate