[mrtg] Importing Old MRTG data

Bonner, John John.Bonner at nfsmt.com
Tue Apr 15 16:49:46 MEST 2003

Hello all,

I am in the process of rebuilding one of my monitoring boxes and as such
have upgraded my version of mrtg from 2.8 to 2.9. I would like to know of a
way to import previous configuration, historical data, as well as log/read
to/from a database etc. I read the FAQ and there was nothing in it except a
mention of putting the files in a Round Robin database using rrdtools, I was
hoping to store them in a more robust method such as MSSQL. Google groups
revealed several others with the same question and a few references to
recovery from a corrupted log file. I would be more than happy to write the
FAQ once I have been educated on the process.

TIA

John Bonner