[mrtg] Threshold programs

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Tue Apr 15 22:30:49 MEST 2003

Is there any reason why I would not be able to specify a threshold program with command line options in a mrtg configuration file? I have been using threshold checking for several weeks with great success, but when I added some command line options to my script and specified them in the configuration file(s) the script 'cannot be executed' by mrtg.

I have tried specifying them like this:

ThreshProgI[target]: /path/to/script -u
ThreshProgI[target]: "/path/to/script -d"

Doesn't work either way. The script is executable from the command line - basically I just added 2 flags to let me call the same script for the ThreshProgI and ThreshProgO and still know which threshold was triggered.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just pass something in the ThreshDesc instead?

-Will