[mrtg] Re: SMC Barricade MRTG error

Luz Berger luz.berger at bergerl.com
Sun Apr 20 08:59:26 MEST 2003

Hi There,

>From what I can tell and from what I glanced from SMC, the implementation of
SNMP for the Barricade series (firmware 1.95n SMC7004AWBR - European
version) is not yet complete. Only the MibII (.system and .interfaces) OIDs
have been implemented sofar. The .interfaces has also a bug as it does not
have an instance number. I guess, this is what MRTG does not like. At OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.12823 you will not find anything at all.

According to SMC, SNMP for those devices is still under development. Be
aware, the firmware for the European and U.S. versions are different. There
are even different versions for the same device caused by different use of
hardware inside (different CPU and/or flash, etc.). The current version for
the SMC7008ABR (US version) 1.41.008. This one has no SNMP support listed.
If it does respond to certain OIDs, these functions are still under
engineering mode.

Hope this helps.

Luz Berger
Berger Network Consult