[mrtg] Monitoring VIP2 on Cisco 7500 series

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Wed Apr 30 00:22:25 MEST 2003

I'm trying to find an OID to watch the CPU load of a VIP2-40 in a Cisco
7576 and not having any luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction
for that?

Also, I'm aware that IOS doesn't apparently support the necessary SNMP
stuff to allow monitoring of memory usage on a VIP2, but I'm curious if
anyone has come up with a workable way to do that and get around the
limitations of IOS. I have thought about writing a scipt in perl like I use
to keep tabs on BGP prefixes, but would rather not have to actually telnet
into the router to get values if I don't absolutely have to.

         -Bill