[mrtg] Re: Variables from a Cisco Router

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Aug 4 06:23:03 MEST 2003

 >I'm trying to monitor the ifInErrors and ifOutErrors from a Cisco
>router. If
>I do snmpget I obtain 510 out errors, but MRTG says there are 0. Is my
>mrtg.cfg missing something? Or is it because there hasn't been no errors
>since I started MRTG?
>Options[ERRORES_1600]:  growright

mrtg records the increase per second.  rateup will round anything less than
300 in 5 minutes down to zero.

You might want to use options[...]: perminute  or maybe options[...]:
perhour

>Can anybody share some mrtg.cfg about the most important variables in
>acisco
>environment to gather?

Probably CPU, maybe memory - depending on your environment.
CPU is in the Cisco-Process-Mib, memory in the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-mib

--
Dan McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX
Austin Energy