[mrtg] Re: Gaps in traffic graphs

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Tue Aug 5 16:19:42 MEST 2003

Kristjan,

    I think your looking at the graphs wrong.  It is quite possible that
they aren't "gaps", but low points.  Considering the 79K spike and your
traffic averages less then 4-5K, the lower traffic ranges (< 1K) will appear
to be "gaps".  This will be consistent even with the daily graphs.

    Depending on the functionality of the devices on this interface there
may well be times when there appears to be gaps simply because these devices
aren't sending or receiving any traffic.

    What are the devices on this interface?  Are there Switches beyond this
Ethernet interface?  If so, are they Spanning Tree Aware?

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!