[mrtg] ERROR: creating /mrtg/run/mrtg.cf: No such file or directory

philip hutinet phutinet at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 18:01:48 MEST 2003

Let me preface my first emai to this list server by saying that I've just begun the process of trying to run MRTG.

I ran this script: cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /mrtg/images' --output /mrtg/run/mrtg.cfg public at myrouter'sipaddress  from ~/mrtg-2.9.29

The script runs, sees all the interfaces and completes the SNMP walk but then when it comes to "Writing /mrtg/run/mrtg.cf"  the script hangs for 30 seconds and I get the following error message: "ERROR: creating /mrtg/run/mrtg.cf: No such file or directory"

How do I remedy this situation; I am even running the proper script to begin the configuration process?  All comments on the subject are greatly appreciated.