[mrtg] Re: OT: Data Center Environment Monitoring

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Aug 11 20:34:52 MEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 10:55, Alan Rader wrote:
> Just wondering what some of you out there might be using to monitor
> temp, humidity etc in your Data Centers?

I use the sp2+ from UptimeDevices.  They have just switched to the sh2+
model, and it works well too.

I've got a template that can discern between the two (and figure out
which order the probes are plugged in) posted at
http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com/mrtg/probe.template

> We got the Netbotz 310 and the camera part of it basically just sucks.
> If you are not within 5' of it, it is very difficult if not impossible
> to make out who might be in our Data Center.  I can get better images
> and coverage from a cheap little web cam.

Here we use AXIS cameras.  We're playing with others, too, but the Axis
cameras seem to work.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy