[mrtg] Re: rrd installation

Evan Platt eplatt at 3wci.com
Tue Aug 12 00:01:05 MEST 2003

--On Monday, August 11, 2003 3:17 PM -0500 "José A. Calderón C."
<jcalderon at bankguay.com> wrote:

> Hi friends, i am trying to install rrd but the following error appear
> when I type
> C:\rrdtool-1.0.38\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.pm
> Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
> ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname 'ppm.ActiveState.com') Error: 500
> Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname
> 'ppm.ActiveState.com')
>
> I have working mrtg-2.9.29 correectly. I have installed perl-5.8.
>
> I have download rrdtool-1.0.38, and the server wich work with mrtg do not
> have access to internet.

I'm guessing that's the issue, considering the error is saying it can't
connect to ppm.activestate.com - Would it be possible to give that computer
internet access, if only temporarily?

Maybe someone here knows how to do the install without internet access. I
don't. Of course, this is a MRTG group. Perhaps asking in a RRD group will
get you more help:
rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch.

Evan