[mrtg] Populating mrtg log files with data from the past

Mattias Segerdahl mattias.segerdahl at commentor.se
Wed Aug 13 10:39:57 MEST 2003

Good morning to ya'll,

I was wondering if there is some documentation on the flat logfile that
mrtg uses. I'd wish to populate the logfile with data that I have
collected
from the past in a database.

Another question that I have, is how to configure mrtg not to have a
target,
I only want to populate the flat logfile using a php or perl script, and
not to
allow mrtg to change it at all. This due to the data being sent in with
email
from different systems at different times. Sometimes it can take an hour

sometimes two.

Thank you