[mrtg] ipaddress Vs SysName

Lingegowda, Nagesh (Consultant) Nagesh.Lingegowda at GTECH.COM
Thu Aug 14 22:05:26 MEST 2003

Hello All,

I've integrated the mrtg with the HP-OV Network Node Manager. Its working
after I modified the cfgmakeov.
But I'm facing one problem.

Its interfaces are connected to the different network. so its address will
be different on the different map( that depends on the
interface to which its connected) even though the name of the router remains
same.
problem lies here.

It creates the directory under www with router name as the directory name
and it tries to create all the html file with their ip address as their
name( eg file name : "192.168.10.2.12.html "------ interface 12) rather than
the router name ( eg:"nag.com.12.html"-- interface 12 )

Any tips to avoid this ambiguity. like to force the script to use one
convention either ip address or the sys name.

I appreciate your time.Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards
Nagesh H L

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.