[mrtg] AIX and mrtg, using which SNMP stack?

Collin McClendon CMcClendon at synergyonefcu.org
Mon Aug 18 14:29:10 MEST 2003

Hello All,
I have AIX 4.3.3 on one server which I'd like to poll and graph using mrtg.
I can walk the SNMP tree with snmpwalk, but I can't seem to find the CPU
usage and other counters. If I used net-snmp, compiled and installed this
program, would this allow me to look at more detail? Right now I walk it and
get net traffic only and I believe I'm getting MIB 2 only.

Also, when mrtg walks the tree, it can't identify the make/model of the
Ethernet cards, how do I import the information from IBM's mibs into
cfgmaker? (instead of loadmibs in mrtg's configs or manually entering this
information?

Thanks for any help,

Collin