[mrtg] How to include external values in a config file

Ruben Sajnovetzky rsajnove at cisco.com
Fri Aug 29 04:14:29 MEST 2003

Hi all !

I'm using mrtg to monitor several kind of Cisco's network devices, now I have
to do something like that:

	How can I run external commands inside the config file like I can do in
	shell scripts in order to get values dynamically ?
	I mean something like:

		Myvalue=`/usr/local/bin/proces1 param1 param2`

	And after that include $Myvalue as part of PageTop, or Title, or whatever
I need ?

Can I do that ? Or the config file has to be static ???

Thanks.

Saludos
Ruben Sajnovetzky
CCNA - NCC
Network Consulting Engineer
Americas International Advanced Services - Matrix Team
Cisco Systems
Ing. Butty 240 - Piso 17
1001 - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Phone: +54-11-4341-0100 x177