[mrtg] Re: Upgrading MRTG

Garth Williams garth.williams at acrodex.com
Wed Dec 3 18:14:17 MET 2003

Hi Rebecca.

What do you mean "unsuccessful"?

IMHO, I think it is best to separate your MRTG from your configuration
files if you have not already done so.
This means that when you upgrade (or downgrade) you don't have to sort
and sift, and copy, etc.

You need to edit your config files to remove any references to the MRTG
install directory, on lines such as WorkDir[], ThreshDir[], etc.

For example, I use Windows, and I set a MRTGRUNDIR variable in a batch
file (eg. set MRTGRUNDIR=C:\mrtg-2.9.29\bin), so that once a new version
comes out, I simply point the system to the new directory by changing
the version part of the variable.  If it does not work so well (which
happens once in a while), I can simply set it back.

I hope this helps!

Garth