[mrtg] Lots of Perl errors ...

M Hoskison matth at room41.net
Tue Dec 9 21:19:34 MET 2003

Having recently upgraded to MRTG 2.10.11, I'm seeing lots of these
errors per monitored target:

Use of uninitialized value in chomp at /usr/bin/mrtg line 941, <RATEUP>
line 6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
942, <RATEUP> line 6.
Use of uninitialized value in chomp at /usr/bin/mrtg line 944, <RATEUP>
line 6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
945, <RATEUP> line 6.
[...]

I'm not particularly familiar with Perl, but I'd imagine it's probably
something to do with it reporting very verbose warnings? If so, where's
the switch to switch it off? Other than the errors, the graphs are being
generated with no problems.

As you can imagine, my inbox is getting one of these every 5 minutes
with 500 or so lines of error messages ...

Thanks for any assistance!