[mrtg] Forcing -v 1

Simon Westlake simon.westlake at bizwi.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 21:29:08 MET 2003

Hi,

I've recently setup MRTG+RRDTool on a new box and am having a small problem with SNMP. If I do:

snmpget -c public router oid

The connection times out. Specifying -v 1 makes it work, so I added a directive to force v1 in /etc/snmp/snmp.conf. I assumed this would affect MRTG, but it does not.

Looking over the MRTG configuration, it looks as though the only way to force this is to add :::::version onto the end of each target. Is there some way to globally force '-v 1' for all SNMP queries made?