[mrtg] Re: Graphics problem

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Dec 10 05:56:16 MET 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:18:00PM +1300, Steve Shipway wrote:
> >Machine is Red Hat 7.2 with all updates.
> >gd is 1.8.4-4
> >libpng is 1.0.14-0.7x.4.i386.rpm
> >MRTG is 2.10.11
>
> If I remember correctly, RH7 has an old gdlib that doesn't support PNG.  You
> need to update your gd to v2.x in order to have PNG (but lose GIF).  This
> may well require a subsequent recompile of MRTG.

Is this something that's changed fairly recently in MRTG?  I've had MRTG
(2.9, maybe?) running on Red Hat 7.X machines before.

In any case, I installed an RPM for gd-2.0.15-1 and then recompiled
MRTG, but have the same problem.  Any other ideas?

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/