[mrtg] Help Setting Up Mrtg to Monitor CPU Usage on a Cisco 2600 Router

Travis Rabe trabe at davdgrp.com
Thu Dec 11 17:53:54 MET 2003

Good Morning Everyone,

  I will start by saying that I am new to SNMP and to MRTG.

_Environment:_
2 Cisco 2600 Routers
MRTG 2.10.11 installed on a Windows 2000 Server

I have already configured mrtg to monitor the two routers for traffic flow
but I cannot seem to figure out how or if mrtg can be used to monitor CPU
usage.  Is this possible? I have read through various pages on Google and it
seems there are people that say yes and no.

If it is possible, how so?  I have read I need to get an OID or MIB.  Is
this correct?  I have I have found a link to the Cisco site that shows
these, but I don't see one specifically for the 2600, I see a 2610 and a
2611.  Will this work?

I guess the best  thing to do would be to please help me by giving me the
step-by-step.  I have read the documentation but I do not see a config makes
for CPU usage.

Thanks in Advance,

Travis