[mrtg] MRTG and cheapie home routers

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Sat Dec 13 20:50:44 MET 2003

I have a D-Link DI-604 HW: A2 FW: 2.18  I know it doesn't support SNMP.
But... there is a "Status" page which gives the number of packets in and
out of both interfaces.  Is anyone aware of any way to get those numbers
out and feed them to MRTG?

Also, are there any inexpensive home routers that *do* support SNMP, or
have some other way of getting data out easily?  I would consider
replacing this device to be able to monitor throughput... see when my
roommate has Kazaa going and chewing up all available bandwidth... :-)

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/