[mrtg] Re: Monitoring on SuperMicro Servers

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 10:49:43 MET 2003

> # The -12V line won't plot because the numbers are negative. Using
> RRDTool
> # would sort this out, but i'm not clever enough yet.

> OK, I won't claim to be an expert on MRTG or Perl by any
> stretch of the
> imagination, but I was wondering... Since you can do math on items

well, it sounds like you know more than me!

> you're processing, is it possible to run an Absolute Value function on
> the OID you're plulling. Set Maxbytes for 14 or something (to
> make sure
> you catch overages) and the in the legends you simply say -12V.

ah, possibly. i was looking for an option like that, basically all i need to
do is remove the "-" sign
thanks i'll check it out!

Chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS