[mrtg] gd-png problem

Nate McLain nate at vroomwireless.com
Mon Dec 22 16:09:07 MET 2003

Hello List!

I just installed MRTG 2.10.11

I'm running Redhat 9. I have installed all the following software.
gd-1.8.4-11
libpng-1.2.2-16
mrtg-2.10.11
zlib-1.1.4-8
perl-5.8.0-88

I keep getting this error:
Possible precedence problem on bitwise | operator at
/usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/BER.pm line 611.
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition

I installed MRTG via the rpm first, then I read that the problem I'm having
is from installing with the RPM. So I downloaded mrtg and compiled it. But
I'm still getting the same problem.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!

Nate